- 2023/09/05 Welcome to our new postdoc Yanghyeon Cho who has obtained her PhD in Statistics at Iowa State, and is now looking to use her trainings and talent in solving biological problems.
- 2023/07/01 Welcome to Xuewei Cao who has been working with us remotely since Dec 2022 and recently joined us as a postdoc, after she completed her PhD in Statistics at MTU. We also welcome Anjing Liu from Biostatistics MS program to join us as student research assistant, and our summer interns Anqi Wang and Yifei Wang visting from China.
- 2023/03/21 Congratulations to Hao Sun for accepting an offer to join the PhD program in Biomedical Sciences (Artificial Intelligence and Emerging Technologies in Medicine track) at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai here in NYC! Hao’s farewell will be August, 2023.
- 2023/02/27 Welcome to Ru Feng, who recently completed her PhD thesis with Baylor SCBMB alumnus Lei Chen at Shanghai Jiaotong University, and is now postdoc in our lab.
- 2022/11/16 Welcome to students from Biostatistics MS program Class of 2024, Zining Qi and Haochen Sun, to join the lab as student research assistants after having completed their rotation with us.
- 2022/10/14 Gao’s R01 on multi-omics data science methodologies is approved for funding.
- 2022/08/28 Our abstracts, 1) on the cross-ancestry analysis of rare variants associated with Alzheimer’s disease and 2) on variable selection methods in function data are selected for oral presentation at the American Society of Human Genetics annual conference in Los Angeles in October.
- 2022/08/15 Welcome to Xuanhe Chen from Biostatistics MS program Class of 2023. Xuanhe joins the lab as student research assistant after completing her rotation with us.
- 2022/07/30 Farewell to our postdoc Hyeonju Kim, who joined us during the pandamics. Hyeonju has a degree in Statistics with a postdoc training in statistical genetics in plants, before join our group. She is now a Statistician at FDA.
- 2022/07/19 Our paper on fine-mapping with summary statistics is out on PLoS Genetics.
- 2022/05/08 Welcome to Tabassum Fabiha (Fabiha)! Fabiha is an undergraduate student in computer science who has worked with us for over a year and now officially joins the lab as a student research assistant.
- 2022/04/15 Congratulations to our students Anmol Singh and Amanda Tsai, from Biostatistics MS program Class of 2022, for accepting their offers to join PhD programs this Fall, at Northwestern (Anmol) and University of Washington in Seattle (Amanda).
- 2021/09/06 We are excited to officially welcome Hao Sun and Yuqi Miao to the group! Hao was a master student in the lab (Biostatistics MS Class of 2021) and is now a staff scientist. Yuqi was also a master student (Biostatistics MS Class of 2021) and now first year PhD student in Biostatistics.
- 2021/08/30 Our lab is finally live and open at the new office space on the 19th floor of the Presbyterian Building – after over 17 months of working from home during the COVID-19 pandemic!